Recent Google Play Store had launched a feature called Google Play Protect which protects your device from the malicious applications. Whenever you install a new application from the Google Play Store then Google Play Protect will scan for any malicious file and will let you know whether the application is safe to use or not.
Play Protect is a security application for Android users which checks the malware in all the installed applications of the device. Not only Play Store applications it also checks for malware in third-party applications which you have installed from Unknown Sources.
Disable Google Play Protect
There are some people who don’t like Google Play Protect feature and wants to disable it so here we have written this article for those who want to disable play protect. If you disable play protect then it will not check for malware inside the application and wouldn’t notify you.
Disabling Play Protect can be helpful when you are trying to install an application from the Unknown Source but Play Protect is showing error and not letting you install the app. In this case, you can disable the Play Protect and after disabling it you would be able to install any application from Unknown Sources.
Google Play Protect gets installed on your device automatically and it checks for the malware in applications regularly and notifies you. But there are some people who don’t like and want to disable it. If you are also one of them then do follow the below-shared steps to disable it.
How to Disable Google Play Protect?
- At first, open the Google Play Store on your mobile phone and then click on the three dots at the top right corner.
- From the list click on Play Protect.
- Now open the Settings and click on Disable “Scan device for security threats“
- That’s it, Now applications installed on your mobile phone would not be checked for security scans.
- However, Google tracks regularly installed applications on your mobile phone.
- You can’t completely remove the Google Play Store security scan from the device but by following the above methods you can stop scanning of newly installed applications on your device.
I hope you enjoyed the article and got to know about disabling Google Play Protect on Android mobile phones. If still you are having any issue or have any query related to Google Play Protect then feel free to ask in the comments section below. We would be happy to hear from you.